In this project we supplied and fitted glass internal balustrades to a large staircase in a penthouse flat in Rotherhithe, London SE16.
- Duration: 21 Days
- Location: Rotherhithe, London SE16
- Site survey for initial client estimate.
- Site survey to produce MDF templates and survey fixings.
- Procurement of new fittings and 12mm safety glass.
- Organise crane.
- Lift glass onto balcony.
- Install safety glass and fixings.
In this project the flat had previously had glass balustrades fitted but for some reason they had been removed before our client acquired the property. The subframe was still installed, but the chrome fixings had been lost. This meant that we had to design and manufacture new chrome fixings. We also had to template the glass using rigid MDF boards to make sure that we met the tight tolerances of the staircase subframe. The glass had to be lifted over the property and then carried through the property because of access problems.